This is the most common type of destiny card. There are three destiny cards for each player color. If the offense draws a color, he or she must have an encounter with that color in that player's home system.
If the offense draws his or her own color, there are three options:
- The offense may attack another player's foreign colony that is on one of his or her planets.
- The offense may re-establish a home colony on one of his or her empty planets. This is considered to be a successful encounter.
- The offense may discard the destiny card and draw another one.
If a wild is drawn, the offense may have an encounter with any other player in his or her home system.
If a special destiny card is drawn, the offense must read it to determine who the defensive player will be. Each special card has a different condition, such as:
- The player with most foreign colonies.
- The player with the fewest ships in the warp.
- The player with the most cards in hand.