The reward deck is a special deck of 32 cards introduced in Cosmic Incursion. The reward deck is a slightly more powerful deck designed to encourage defensive alliances. If the reward deck is in use, defensive allies may draw some or all of their rewards from it instead of the cosmic deck.
Another set of 32 reward cards is included in Cosmic Dominion. This new deck contains different cards from the Cosmic Incursion reward deck, and may be used alone or combined with the reward deck from Cosmic Incursion.
Note that while the reward deck contains many powerful cards, it does not contain flares or attack cards higher than . Depending on the situation, players may want to draw rewards from the Cosmic deck rather than from the reward deck.
Reward Cards Edit
Cards from the reward deck have a different card back than cards from the cosmic deck. When a player is taking cards at random from another player's hand, he/she is allowed to look at the backs of the cards. This makes reward cards more tempting to steal, as they are generally more powerful than ordinary cosmic cards, but the stealing player runs the risk of taking a Rift.
When reward cards are discarded, they go to their own discard pile. If the reward deck runs out and players need to draw reward cards, the reward deck discard pile is reshuffled to form a new reward deck. If there are no reward cards left in either the reward deck or the reward discard pile, no more reward cards can be drawn. (The reward deck does not cause a cosmic quake.)
Reward Deck ContentsEdit
- 8 attack cards from to
- 3 negative attack cards from to
- 1 additional , , and
- 4 Reinforcements from to
- 3 s
- 4 kickers from to
- 4 rifts from to
- 3 new artifacts: Hand Zap , Finder , Space Junk
- 5 variable attack cards , , , : The first number is used unless the card is revealed during an encounter with a hazard warning, in which case the second number is used.
- 4 new unique : s , , ,
- 1 additional
- 2 reinforcements with values and (X=the number of ships on either side of the encounter)
- New card types: 2 Retreat and 4 Intimidate
- 5 unique Kickers from to , with variable effects
- 4 rifts from to : These new rifts allow a player to claim ships, cards, or even colonies, and cause a loss of ships, cards, or colonies when stolen.
- 5 new artifacts: Omni-Zap , Rebirth , Ship Zap , Solar Wind , Victory Boon